in 2017 we have a bigger Ice Rink
and there will be a separate area for the littlies and learners to skate safely…
The fees for this year is $20, for each person,
regardless of age for a 30 minute session
Use of the Penguin helpers -no charge.
There is a maximum of 20 penguins per session, and they will be reserved for the Under 5’s.
The rink will be in operation for 4 days from Thursday 29th June to Sunday 2nd July
SEE SESSION TIMES BELOW
No online bookings – bookings will be taken at the Ice rink only
Bookings can be taken AT ANY TIME THROUGHOUT THE 4 DAYS LISTED.
|Thursday 29th June||Friday 30th June||Saturday 1st July
(gate fee applies)
|Sunday 2nd July
(gate fee applies)
|9am – 5pm||9am – 7pm||9am – 7pm||9am – 5pm|
INFORMATION FOR SKATERS
- Skating sessions are 30 minutes.
- We recommend getting to the event at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time on the ice rink to ensure you allow for busy periods at the event.
- There is no entry to the ice without skates.
- Skating fees include skate hire, but you are able to wear your own skates if you prefer.
- Your skates are to be collected from the skate hire area upon arrival to the event.
- Make sure you select the right size skates. The ice skating rink operators will assist you to ensure you have the right size skates.
What to wear
- Please BYO thick socks and warm gloves.
- If you are new to ice skating, it is recommended you wear protective gear such as helmet, gloves, elbow pads, and knee pads. You will need to supply these items yourself.
- It is recommended you wear trousers and long sleeved tops.
- Do not wear scarves, long coats or hats other that strapped helmets, as these items can get caught in your own or someone else’s skates.
- During ice skating, skaters may be photographed or their moving images recorded. By attending Snowflakes in Stanthorpe, skaters and parents/guardians consent to the images being displayed in promotion for the event.
Children under 5 years old
- Children under 5 years old who are able to walk may enter the ice skating rink.
- Children must be wearing enclosed shoes accompanied by an adult who has purchased an ice skating ticket.
- We can provide double bladed skates for children under 5 years old which provide additional stability.
- 20 penguin skate aids are available for each session and we recommend using a skate aid for children under 5 years old to stand on so the adult can push them around the ice rink.
- The penguin skate aids will be reserved for children under 5 years old.
- Adults cannot skate with babies in their arms.
- Adults cannot skate with secondary items on their person such as a camera or handbag.
- It can feel odd when you get on the ice. Get used to the feel of your skates by walking on solid floor beforehand.
- When you are ready stand at the rink edge while holding onto the barrier and then step onto the ice.
- Keep your feet close together, with your toes turned out slightly to give you a better balance.
- Keep your arms out and slightly forward to maintain balance.
- Relax, bend your knees a little and with your body weight leaning forward take small steps on alternate feet. This will soon develop into a short glide on each foot. As your confidence builds your glides will become steadier and longer.
- Excessive speeding, skating against the crowd or weaving through other skaters will not be tolerated.
- No horseplay or games e.g. tag.
- No digging, chipping or throwing ice.
- No skating in a dangerous manner.
- Please respect the ice skating area for all users.
- No food or drink on the ice.
- Skaters must keep moving at all times and it is recommended that skaters skate in an anti-clockwise direction.
- No climbing over or sitting on the barriers around the perimeter of the rink.
- There are no exchanges, refunds or transfers.
- Always follow the instructions of the ice skating rink operators.
- Skaters are advised that ice skating is a risky sport and that there is a risk of injury, and loss due to injury, that might be sustained whilst using the ice skating rink.
- Skating rink users acknowledge this risk, freely accept this risk, forever release and hold harmless Stars on Ice, Snowflakes in Stanthorpe management committee and event associated suppliers in relation to any injury or loss that might be sustained.